My Newest Pathfinder

WideFive

Ok, about 4 yrs ago I bought my first P-finder... a '95, great vehicle. Had some reoccurring issues with the T/O bearing... and ended up selling to a good friend... who still has it on the road happily....

Well, yrs later I found this '94 SE w/ low miles... (it's an Auto) only issue is the frame has rusted out on both sides .. behind the rear wheel. Hell the sway bar fell off.

I have some welding skills and figure I can take care of the rust/frame issues. I just had a few questions...

Did all the SE's have a LSD?

Do I really need a rear swaybar? I'm thinking I do. Haven't been under a Pathy in a while, but thinking it's a big part of the rear suspension.

What's the biggest tire I can fit under a stock suspension? Will a 31/10.50/15 fit without issues?

Thanks,

Aaron

Edited by WideFive

:search:

There is so much information on this board a quick search will answer most of your questions. I spent about two years soaking up as much info as I could on this forum and it has been great. I was real gunshy about getting flammed for not using the search function. I will say this forum is much more willing to help out a Newbie than other Nissan/Pathfinder/Offroad forums. The folks on here are great!

Some things I have come across: SE and XE model designations don't mean that much. It would be safe to say that not ALL SE's came with the LSD rear end. There should be an orange LSD sticker on the rear diff or you can jack it up and spin the tires to verify if you have one or not.

Some Pathy's came stock running 31x10.5 tires so I would say that the answer to your question is YES. However if your springs or torsion bars have begun to sag you may have some rubbing issues at full lock or during heavy suspension flex. IIRC stock w/ 31x10.5 may have come with an adjusted steering lock setting to prevent rubbing.

Edited by Fishpath95

• 2 weeks later...

Well for $200 I don't think I did all that bad. Even w/ the frame rot.

2968255070043168673S500x500Q85.jpg

Drug it home last week. Spend a couple hours on the frame rust. Was a little worse than I had originally thought, but that's the norm. Still have to go over the whole frame to check for more rot.

Found the rims, tires, lugs, etc for $650. I still need a lot of little things like ash tray, glove box latch, misc, interior crap mostly.