Tranny Dilemma

cvgtrapper

Folks

In a dilemma here. I have a 95 XE with Auto tranny that is need of repair. I had a buddy pull a tranny out of a junked one, with the intention of having him replace the bad one. He had problems get the good tranny out and said he had too hard of a time getting it out and will not finish the swap. So here is my question. Have a local shop that does mainly tranny work, would it be better to have them finish out the swap or just have them rebuild the tranny that is already in it? The tranny I intended to have use has 170k miles on it and was running when the motor went in it. Thanks for your input.

Jason

first off. where are you located. secondly do you have a couple grand to spend on this tranny rebuild and replacement? i wouldnt use the 170k tranny tho either. depending on where you are i still have a good tranny that ill sell you. its only got 80k on it and absolutely nothing wrong with it.....

Folks

In a dilemma here. I have a 95 XE with Auto tranny that is need of repair. I had a buddy pull a tranny out of a junked one, with the intention of having him replace the bad one. He had problems get the good tranny out and said he had too hard of a time getting it out and will not finish the swap. So here is my question. Have a local shop that does mainly tranny work, would it be better to have them finish out the swap or just have them rebuild the tranny that is already in it? The tranny I intended to have use has 170k miles on it and was running when the motor went in it. Thanks for your input.

Jason