Design < Asia Pacific Management

iLLlegal

ok bad news happened like 10min ago. I phoned the college I applied to to find out if

I can take the skills test (for a mature student 20yrs old) im 19 and a HALF.

and THe minimum requirement for the coarse

is 65% and I have a 64% nice HUh!

well they turned me down. so I cant get into the coarse. unless I upgrade over the summer which I really do not

want to do...... this is for design btw

so new plan

asia pacific management program

THATS RIGHT PEOPLE IM GOING FROM DESIGN INTO OVERSEAS MANAGeMENT.

i still am confused. but i meet the reqiorments for that coarse

thanks to...yup thats right you guessed it my ART 30 mark.

I can always take design next year when I meet their stupid pre req

o and here is a lil outline of what this coarse involves

With an Asia Pacific Management diploma, you'll be qualified to work in international business in just two years

. . . and you'll still have the opportunity to apply the diploma toward a university degree. It's a great way to keep your future options open while you gain valuable overseas work experience.

What makes this program one-of-a-kind?

A key feature is the overseas practicum: a minimum, six-week work placement in Asia: Singapore, China, Japan, or Thailand. . . they're all open for business. Program staff will help you find the right practicum placement for your skills and interests, and when you're finished, you can start your career or pursue a university degree.

It's the ultimate international business education!

What kinda design did you want to get into?

I wanted to get into graphic design, or some kind of arts, as I've always enjoyed that kind of thing... Of course, the school closest to me that offered the courses I want, was too far, and I didn't figure I was good enough anyway (and I was too lazy to put together a portfolio... haha.. ugh)

So, I took Hospitality & Tourism Administration for 3 years. Last semester was a work placement for an incentive travel, internal marketing company. As a student, and potential employee on the travel side, I SUCKED! When my term was over, they moved me to the creative side as everytime they gave me a word document to print, I would spend time 'making it pretty'. I've now been here 10 over years.

So, it shows if you're meant to do something, it may work out for you in the long run. At the same time, don't give up, maybe take a course that is related (marketing?), along with some design courses on the side...

I've never regretted the course I took, as it covered a lot of different things [accounting, marketing, travel, geography, mixology, 'wines, spirits & beers', cooking (restaurant)], some of which I enjoyed quite a bit.

haha actually It is a spelling test. half of it or some of the questions are. I figure I need to take business anyway and design will follow.

the design coarse has a foundations year which covers all the different types, I was going to use that year to decide what I wanted to go into.

I still want to apply for asia pacific management, but I still have those second thoughts. gahh why does this have to be so hard. I want to do everything!

but my main 2 goals are to 1.) have a business. 2.) have that business be incorporated with design/art/ etc...

One thing I still want to do is make vodka/rum drinks.. you know like coolers but like rock star energy drinks. but that has to be the hardest thing to

find information about. I have no idea where to start on that one. mixology pezzy?

We learned some of the fundamentals of bartending, and info on each of the types of liquors. We mixed some drinks, and even had to invent one, and market it... mine totally sucked... I had a limited bar to work with!!