3" Bl + Arb Bumper... Kit Or Fab?

BMXCARD

I left mine in, soaked the hell out of it, loosened the clamp bolts and let it slide out where it needed to. It was stubburn, but I just tapped the joints lightly and it moved, the stress on it made it move. Saved me the time and headache of removing it then trying to re-align the splines putting it back.

It's ideas/expertise like that that will more than likely have me take you up on your offer to help on the BL. Definitely want to get this done before CC. I've got some 34's on black steelies that are begging to get in the dirt.

I left mine in, soaked the hell out of it, loosened the clamp bolts and let it slide out where it needed to. It was stubburn, but I just tapped the joints lightly and it moved, the stress on it made it move. Saved me the time and headache of removing it then trying to re-align the splines putting it back.

You're right, the extra 5 minutes is not worth it, stressing something to move it is always a better idea.

I had the same problem when I went to install my ARB bullbar.

I have 3 inch suspension lift and 3 inch body lift in my truck.

As you can see in the pictures before any modifications to the bullbar you have between 3 or 4 inch gap.

What we did is that we cut the bull bar in it mounting points and weld extensions and then I cover the bottom with rhino lining.

So far no problems.

Here are a couple of pictures:

Before

DSC00146.jpg

DSC00148.jpg

After

DSC00037-1.jpg

DSC05407-1.jpg

Guest SuperSon

Doing the double check to see if theres anything that I forgot to unbolt before I do the BL and checked on the engine compartment i saw a couple of thing that might bind up on me.

First is the fuel filter line,It doesnt seem to be long enough on the filter hose

Second is theres a couple of tubing with the bracket bolted on to the fender well just below the filter close to the firewall,Do I need to unbolt the bracket and also one of the tubing is routed going up behind the cruise control solenoid and at the end theres nothing connected to it :shrug: Is this a breather line?

heres some pics of the lines Im talking about.Dont know whats it called

post-2701-1178390762.jpg

post-2701-1178390772.jpg

post-2701-1178390803.jpg

post-2701-1178390885.jpg

I had the same problem when I went to install my ARB bullbar.

I have 3 inch suspension lift and 3 inch body lift in my truck.

As you can see in the pictures before any modifications to the bullbar you have between 3 or 4 inch gap.

What we did is that we cut the bull bar in it mounting points and weld extensions and then I cover the bottom with rhino lining.

So far no problems.

Great shots! Any way I could talk you into taking some close-up shots of where you cut the mounting points or describe where you cut them? Yours looks awesome.

In the following pictures you can see were I cut the bull bar and add an extra piece of steal and weld it.

And then paint it with rino lining.

Its no a profesional job but holds the bull bar with no problems.

DSC00336.jpg

DSC00337.jpg

DSC00338.jpg

In the following pictures you can see were I cut the bull bar and add an extra piece of steal and weld it.

And then paint it with rino lining.

Its no a profesional job but holds the bull bar with no problems.

Thanks for posting those. Looks like a great job to me, and exactly what I'll need to do.