Oil Filter Relocation

Elkman

There have been several posts in the past on oil filter relocation kits. There is even a link to Summit Racing to a part # SUM-G4985, but it does not show that it fits a 1995 model. Is there something else to buy to make the kit fit or is it complete as ordered?

As with all "universal" kits, you have to figure out which adapter to use (the proper one should be in there), how to run the hoses to clear hot and moving parts, and how to mount the filter holder. 2.5 wrenches out of 5 kind of job (you have to be able to think and a tiny bit of custom fab work is required).

I have personally installed 2 of these kits in WD's and they worked out great. I chose to buy right angle fittings (from local hardware store) for the top of the remote mount, and then fabricated custom brackets so the filter mounts vertically. That keeps drooly messes to a minimum at filter change time, and allows me to pre-fill the new filter before installing.

Guest SuperSon

Martin ,Do you happen to know the thread size for the right angle adapter? Im planning on using the same but was hoping to find it in aluminum like earls fitting maybe?

Thanks

Edited by SuperSon

It was a standard NPT... 3/8", I think? Maybe 1/4"... But I think 3/8.

* edit * According to Permacool literature, it is 3/8" NPT.

And if the Summit branded is not actually made by Permacool, it is at least a near carbon copy. I'm 99% sure it is 3/8 NPT

Edited by mws