electrical write up ASAP

milehighcowboy

i need a write up on how to wire up the 5 spd with the automatic wiring harness :confused: :help: . its an 87 VG30I for refresher. i need this ASAP. its almost done guys seriously :dance: .

ben

:blink: how da hell ya gunna wire a 5 spd like an auto? :blink:

you will have to wire your cluch switch to the "P" switch, so that the computer thinks your in park when pushing in the cluch that way you can start it. Also if your adding an "interlock" switch you'll have to wire that beast in as well. Which I am not exacally sure how that one works, I know it's a bypass for the clutch switch, so I am thinking what you will have to do is tie one wire (+) side in the front of the cluch switch and the (-) behind the cluch switch. Then run thoughs to the interlock. At least that is how I am thinking it is wired in, I am not looking at my FSM for this info, but logically that seems like how it would work. Double check a wireing diagram just to make sure. :)

ok so i got a wiring diagram from nissan and i thikn i know what wries i need to splice as extreme was saying above. but i am not too terribly sure it is from an 88 pathfinder instead of the 87 like i have but i dont think they changed any thing.

it says on the diagram A/T Control unit is this the harness that plugs into the tranny? and what color does L stand for?

jump the park interlock wires together and it will start...just make sure its not in gear...

wire a push button switch up to ure rev. lights and u can flip it on and off when u need it...here in NC rev lights arent required which is good b/c the 1s on my 87...

ok well i got the two wires that make the truck think its in park hooked up. (the light on the dash says P). but then i turned the key off and then turned it back on to ACC and i blew something cause now the dash does not work. nothing turns opn like ist supposed to. the battery signale does not even jump. any clues?

What you probaly blew is a fusible link which is something like a fuse but looks like a standard wire, just thicker. They are hard as hell to find. Using the voltmeter is the best way. Have you tried every wire coming into the dash?