A/T-M/T swap

89_trailboss

alright. I was hopping to get the Motor/trans/tcase out of my parts truck for today but my buddy rolled his B2 on friday and we spent all day sat pulling the body off and placing the new body on. so Im a bit behind on my project.

anyways, everything is disconnected on my parts truck. just have to cut the floor and jack it all out. what Im wondering is if it is possable to get the clutch pedel assembly into my 89 without ripping out the dash? Im worried about the top two bolts for the clutch pedel frame. they mount pretty high ojn the dash.

And, If I drop my front diff, remove my CL, and possably cut my core support, think I should beable to slide the motor, trans and Tcase into my 89(3" BL)?

Edited by 89_trailboss

for the pedal and cradle assebly yes you can do it with out removing the dash. but i had to remove (permanently) the driver side air duct. but it will go in lol. i just plugged it and now dont have air on my side oh well.

and as slick is saying wishfull thinking on sliding it straight on in.

:blink: in engrish now please.

and how ya gunna "slide" it in. that there is wishful thinking.

I was going to put my trucks nose right infront of my parts truck, put some 2x4's between them and just pull the whole unit into my truck. you dont think that will work? :shrug:

insert some sarcasm in there in many, many, MANY places.

Im obviously not going to literaly slide it in.

Im going to cut my core support out, drop my front diff and torsion bars, lose my trans crossmember and as far as I can see I should be able to put the motor/trans/tcase in as one whole unit. in other words just "slide" the whole unit into my truck.

back to my main question tho, is it possable to put the clutch pedle in without removing the dash?

i am sure you could figure out a way to get it in with out removing the air duct but i was having a really hard time of it. it would not pivot the correct way. you are removing the brake and replacing that as well right? other wise the clutch and brake will interfear with one another.

back to my main question tho, is it possable to put the clutch pedle in without removing the dash?

YES. i got the upper bolt in with my U-joint socket, which helped a bit, and it took some maneuvering, but its not that bad getting it in there.