2008 Pathfinder

Extreme90path

I don't like it at all.

I originally fell in love with the Hardbody style Pathy because it looked rough and tough, like it could go anywhere.

This truck is a Pathy in name only, it has no heart or soul, it looks like every other grocery getter. It's a soccer mom car.

Just my 2 cents.

I actually like the look of the newer Nissan Trucks.  I know I'm in the minority with that statement, but it's true.  The powertrain is nice as well, though, I would opt for the X's 6 speed manual, over any autotragic.

What I DO NOT like about the newer Nissans is the smaller, ALUMINUM CASED front differential.  Yes, that's right folks, go buy yourself a brand new Xterra, or Frontier w/OFFROAD package, and you get yourself an aluminum cased diff...  :crazy:

There is definitely some crappy stuff about the new ones, but I am sure that people were all over Nissan when the R50 was first released as well. It's just a new set of challenges now...some just can't handle change. In 5-10 years, the same people will be wheeling the sh!t outa the R51 as well, although it is a huge bummer that 2 axles will have to be swapped instead of just 1 :P

Edited by SkinnyPedal

When I was a teenager Nissan had this great pathfinder commercial that featured a pathfinder pounding through a muddy jungle. The pathy looked like a legit truck and I looked forward to the day I would own one. The new ones don't really evoke any sort of response from me. I think that it sucks that Nissan felt the need to compete with gm and ford and create a giant glorified station wagon that looks like it would barely fit on a trail let alone be able to conquer it. I saw an 07 pathy in front of me on the highway yesterday, It was off in the distance but I swear to god I thought it was a ford. I wish that when these companies dramatically change the purpose and design of a truck that they just give it a new name.

RIP

pathfinder

4 runner

landcruiser

:oops: :sniff: :oops: -alcohol- :oops: -alcohol- :shrug:

Edited by ticker

When I was a teenager Nissan had this great pathfinder commercial that featured a pathfinder pounding through a muddy jungle. The pathy looked like a legit truck and I looked forward to the day I would own one

How funny, I totally remember that commercial. They were driving through the rain forrest or something like that.

That is exactly the commercial that made me want a Pathy. It was 10 years before I got it, but I loved it, and still do.