Taper Size

Hud

My main question is how do I figure out my taper size?

I'm going to order an L&P steering sytem but they need to know taper size.

Also if you've ordered before can someone please explain the core charge thing..

Do I have to add all of those things and then get my money back after I change it out and send them back to them??? or what.

And does anyone have any other. suggestions on what else I should consider replacing when I do this... I'm planning on getting the Stage 3 full assembly...

This all came about because I have to fight my wheel to stay straight it drags left to right hard especially on the freeway and taking wide turns.

And when I brake it really pulls hard left.

Thanks

post-6-1172285925.jpg

"Small tapers are USUALLY on HardBodys and Pathfinders from 1987-1992. Large tapers are USUALLY on Hardbodys and Pathfinders from 1993-1995"

And that sounds about right how a core charge works.

Might want to replace the TRE's while your in there too.

a core charge means you either PAY a core charge if you don't send in your stock CL, or you send your stock CL (before receiving new product) and pay no core charge.

;)

i am paying hoohaa a core charge so i can keep king on the road while my new CL is being built. unless the CL red picked up will work for him. then that will be sent. -bounce-

as Pl said, change your TRE's while yer in there. may as well have it all good to go :aok:

Every since installing my L&P Steering package (I got the whole stage 3 kit) I have to fight to keep it straight. Turning isn't a problem for the most part. It's when I an going straight and it decides to go this way and that way. Plus, when I hit bumps, it jumps left then right. I'm looking into what other parts may need to be replaced like bushing and maybe lower ball joints. I'm told that my TRE's are fine.

"Small tapers are USUALLY on HardBodys and Pathfinders from 1987-1992. Large tapers are USUALLY on Hardbodys and Pathfinders from 1993-1995"

And that sounds about right how a core charge works.

Might want to replace the TRE's while your in there too.

87-92 august - buld date small taper

92 september +-95 Big tapper. They cahnge mid build year in 92.

Well I found out what the problems were...

It got so bad and since this is by daily driver I unfortuantley could not wait for the L&P set up so I just had to go the conventional way...

I crawled underneath my front end and saw that my idler arm was bent upward and hitting the frame and also discoverd that my centerlink was'nt in any better condition.

After getting a really good deal on all this at least to my standard, my truck is back to new again... again to my standards..

post-6-1172633349.jpg