Doors lock constantly?

red dic

Hey guys,

I'm new to the forum. This is my first truck, my other car is a 1999 Saab 9-3, I'm usually over on saablink.net.

After a huge snowfall last week i decided to pick up a 1993 Pathfinder SE. I paid for the car but waiting for the check to clear, it's a 5 speed.

I haven't picked the car up yet, but when it's really cold out if you unlock the doors with the car idling, they lock themselves automatically. Seems like there must be a crossed wire or something? has anyone seen this before? Any ideas what it could be?

Thanks,

Erich

Pretty sure this is a pretty common problem with Pathfinders. Mine does it too (not often, but sometimes) when it's cold. Every now and then when you go to unlock the doors, it'll unlock then relock immediately.

I'm pretty sure it was posted on here before somewhere (so you may want to try the search feature), but I read that you can actually fix this problem. You have to take apart the door panel and find the locking mechanism, take it apart and clean it out and then put it back in. Over time the mechanism gets sludge or some sort of gunk in there that makes it mess up the locking every now and then (not sure why its usually when it's cold). Cleaning it out should keep the problem from happening, or at least as often.

Try the search feature though to find the topic, cause I may not completely know what I'm talking about. I'm just going on memory of what I read on the topic, I've never actually cleaned mine out.

they relock if they do not fully unlock. It's just like if you have them unlocked and push down on the post and all the doors lock. lost of posts on how to fix the problem but mine was simple. I pulled the inner panels and the vapor barriers and blasted some wd40 in around all the linkages inside the doors. work fine now.