AB 4x4 Safari Park Run?

arctic_mark

How did the Edmonton run go on the 7th? Sorry I couldn't make it, cash-flow crisis!

Anyways, the Alberta 4x4 Safari Park is having their winter run day on Sunday Jan 20th, $30 entry for each rig (2 people) or free if you've purchased anything from Detail plus Tires in Edmonton or from Lee at the safari park. Here's what Lee said on the NA4WDA forum:-

Hey 4wheelers, on Sun. Shane M. brought out his Unimogged-xj, and i tried to follow him in our '85 Yota-4runner, on 38''s aired down to 2 psi in the rear and 3-4 in the front, i got planted 5+times and he w/ at least 8"'s more diff clearance, twice. remember we are trying to break through 3-4.5' snow drifts. Once we got down into the "green" trail along the lakes, there was little or no drifting, a perfect venue for 31-35" 4x4's.This event is open to all 4wheelers, regardless of race or club association,,,but you must notify myself and or V.P. of offroad/NA4WDA, as to how many are in your party so we can buy the right amount of food,,prior to Wed. preceeding the event! Please refer to www.detailplustires4x4park.ca for basic rules of the game , vehicular min. requirements should confirm to those listed on the NA4WDA.org site.Its free to anyone who volunteered, at the Tough-Trail-Challenge, or any member of the A.L.R.E. club who provided assistance at the L.R.E. "Wheels-Event" , or customers who purchased tires or wheels, lift kits etc., from Detail-Plus-Tires, otherwise the cost per vehicle is $30, includes basic food for 2 people at about 4.00P.M., the regular bonfire and bragging to follow, please arrive NOT, before 9:30, but prior to 10:00A.M., do bring a light lunch and water, and be prepared for adverse weather and offoard conditions, cheers Lee

If any of you Edmonton guys are interested, I'm meeting up with the NA4WDA club folks at the Tim Hortons on the west side of Sherwood Park on Wye Rd at 9am, leaving at 9:30am, and heading out to the park. It is open to everyone, club or not, but as Lee said, make sure your rig has minimum safety requirements, which, given the deep snow, should included recovery points front and back. I use the tie-down holes in the rear chassis with a clevis in each, but I see that if you got a tow bar back there you can't use them, may be one of those funky clevis shackles that fit in the receiver hitch would be ideal though. Hitch balls are bad and potentially lethal!

Well, maybe see you on the 20th

Mark

January 20th is a Saturday :P . Wish I could make it but I have a stag to attend on the 20th.

Being from Calgary, it is a bit of a venture for me to get there. But one of these days I want to bring the Toy up there and check the place out.

Tye

Sweet! Ideal snow!

But if anyone else is up for it, let me know so Lee can know numbers for food, and make sure you have a passenger/co-pilot as that's the park rules.

Have fun in the deep stuff Evan

Cheers

Mark