newbie tire size question

jlg

new here!

I'm getting a 2002 LE this week and already thinking about getting bigger tires.

Stock it has 245/65/17. My question is how big can I go:

first without any other mods?

2'nd with 1" suspension lift?

3'rd with 2" suspension lift?

I'm not going to do much offroading other than the fact that we get a lot of snow here in winter.

Just want to make sure those da%$# mini vans aren't blocking my view :aok:

• 2 weeks later...

Finaly got my truck! its a silver 2003 LE instead of the 2002 ;)

anyway.. on with the tires. I guess I will have to go with a lift ;)

I'm going to do this after winter since I got the truck with brand new winter tires.

How does the truck feel with a lift? is there any lift / suspension combination that can make this truck go woooooshhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! you know what I mean? super smooth ride that you don't feel the bumbs. kinda like a range rover but without breakdown issues of a range rover :laugh:

depends on what your going to be doing. any offroading? towing? If you are just going to be on the streets all the time i would go with the AC lift with KYB front struts and the Rancho RS5000s in the rear. If you tow i would get the RS9000s in the rear and if you wheel possibly some Bilsteins in the back. But the RS5000s do great for an all around shock.

Links:

Bilstein package with KYBs

Lift Coils only

RS5000 Shocks

KYB struts (drivers side shown)

The Bilsteins are suppose to never fade so they are durable shocks. So if you are going to use your pathy for just street driving and maybe a couple of dirt roads, I would get the AC lift coils, KYB struts and RS5000 rear shocks.

Hope this helps,

Alex