POWER door locks not opening

findmypath

HI everyone,

I have a '03 and recently on the driver side door when I try to open the door with the remote the door doesn't open and I need to press the button several times. I'm suspecting that something might've gotten loose in the door but I'm not sure what it would be. It locks without a problem but only there is a issue with unlocking.

If any of you know the way to fix this issue I would really appreciate some advice before I tear the door open and look inside.

Thanks.

I had the same problem, and I fixed it the easy way. If you only open / close the locks with the button on the door and with the remote keyless entry this will do.

Take the door panel off and remove the original door lock actuator, it is located on the bottom left of the door. Replace it with an aftermarket door lock actuator ($10-15) and wire it to the yellow wires. Do not hook up the red, blue and black wires.

The "new" door lock actuators will work with the keyless entry or security system, and from the lock/unlock button in the door trim. When you manually lock/unlock the door it will NOT lock/unlock the other doors.