power locks

milehighcowboy

ok so i have read a few posts on locks and them freaking out. but what is happeneing to mine does not fit. my locks dont work at all. everyonce in a while when its cols the power locks work. on the passenger side i cant use my key at all. but it works fine on the driver side. is this as easy as pulling off the panel and re hooking up some wires and stuff? also is there a way to remove the door panel on the outside? so i can have better access to the locks and windows? i hate guessing and feeling around for things through them small holes.

ben

If it is mechanical on the passenger side that isn't working, it is pretty easy to fix. When I bought mine, the only lock that worked was the back hatch! The front doors were pretty simple. The little plastic pieces that tend to wear out are pretty cheap at the dealer. I was suprised at how cheap and easy it was to fix.

Electrical problem? Um... take it apart and clean everything? I am an electronics technician, but have never pulled apart power locks (yet) so can't advise on that.

my locks were acting goofy and quit working and then 2 days later the driver side handle came off in my hand...i've replaced it (PITA with big hands) and i havent had any issues...i think the linkage was getting stuck b/c the handle was slowly failing to stress fractures and was jamming up the locks so they wouldnt work :shrug: or possibly a shorted door switch?