changing rotor

tx_flatlander

Well, today I did alot of much needed tuning up. I changed my plugs (hate that #6), wire, cap, belts, fuel filter, and I was going to change my rotor as well.

So the first problem that arose was that one of the screws (why couldnt nissan have used bolts?!?) stripped and i literally had to break that ear of the cap off. Then I proceeded to atack it with a pair of vice grips. Well all that did was twist off the shank and left some of the bolt still in the threads. so right now its all held with 2 new BOLTS. I read up on here this morning before I left to get parts on changing the rotor. Just remove the little bolt and it pops off. Easier said that done.

I removed the bolt and tried by hand with no luck. Next I enlisted the help of a wide flat screwdriver. All this accomplished was denting the little pan. I tried WD-40 and various other lubes to try and help. It dosent want to come off.

So, any advice?

Hmm, might try the mallet trick. I just dont wanna mess anything up seeing as how this is my only means of transportation through the winter.

I would say "screw it" but im pretty certain this is the cause of my light misfiring. And plus the one on there looks a bit toasty.

I did the same thing on another vehicle, drilled it out and used an "easy out". Can you get your hands on a small "easy out" and a left hand drill bit ?

Quite often just using a left hand drill bit does the trick.

you would need to file the screw flush , centre punch it and just carefully drill it out.