Is it possible to purchase and intigrate sirius wi

Guest jacksonww1

Guest jacksonww1

Is it possible to purchase and intigrate sirius with the OEM 6 disk tuner?

Some threads that I have read indicate it is required to have the BOSE upgrade which I do not have.

It appears the parts needed are as follows:

Sirius Tuner Kit 999u9-nv004

Sirius Antenna Kit 999u9-vr002

Tuner Bracket Kit 999u9-xr000

Thanks for the help.

Jack

It is stated in the accesories catalog as " All w/Bose CD6 & w/o xm sat radio". Im not sure if the model you have is compatible. Check your radio for a SAT button. If you have it, you can install it. IF you dont, you cant.... well kind of. There are always aftermarket universal kits that you can install yourself, and be a heck of a lot cheaper than the factory option. Check Crutchfield.com for some options. Or just search around.

• 4 weeks later...

yes, you plug sirius into the cigarette lighter.....then pick an fm station on the sirius box, and it plays through your radio frequency that you choose....the satellite antenna plugs directly into the sirius reciever and mounts on your roof with a small magnet......very very simple.....nothing hooks up to your current system, and the sound is CD quality DIGITAL satellite.......hope this helps. Oh and its uncensored and you can listen to howard....hes crazy with no fcc restraints...

You can check by looking at your drivers door jamb to see if their is a sticker that says "radio prewired for satellite". If you do have then you can use the oem satellite. I installed it on mine but I did have the 6disc bose. If it does have it then the factory plug is above the drivers kick panel. Its a white plug just taped up to another harness. Then ground and run antenna. You dont have to take radio out! Cheapest place to buy sirius or xm unit is at grubbs performance parts. $200 plus antenna.

WAVEY