No reverse

Guest ascendingmango2

Guest ascendingmango2

I have a 1995 Pathy and reverse doesnt work, I took it to a transmission place and they told me that it needed to be replaced or rebuilt... which would cost around 2200. I purchased my pathy for 1200, so Im trying not to put that kind of money into it. How difficult would it be to rebuild on my own? Or does anyone know where I could source a used transmission (auto, 4x4)? Any input or advise would be appreciated, thanks.

Guest ascendingmango2

Well in that case, how do I tell which model transmission is in there? and where would I be able to find a rebuild kit for it? Ive never delt with transmission problems that a shop hasnt taken care of. I would like to remove it, rebuild it, and re-install it on my own... it sounds like a fun weekend project to me

ahhhh transmission failure...my first and second gears are shot and it's my second tranny in a few years. 2200 bucks seems a little too much for me to get it rebuilt. i'd rather get a new one for around the same price if not a little more.

I wouldn't think that most people would be able to tear down an auto trans and successfully rebuild it themselves, or more people would be doing it.

There are some Ebay transmissions for around $800-900 if you look, but remember to tack on shipping, heh.

Oh, and it's a RE4R01A automatic if you have the V6.