1995 Pathfinder A/C

Lunartic

:help: I though I would start a new thread regarding this. Hi there again fellas, sorry to be a pain>>> but after I had this a/c unit pressure tested and then got a new fan clutch, it seemed to be running ok. But now I can tell that it is not cooling as well as it was when I brought it in to be serviced. The fella said it was overcharged but not too much. So he drained the r134 then pressure tested then vacuum pumped it and then put back in the proper amount of r134 again. He even said that it is not as cold as it should be! When I left there it was in the evening and it was cooling good but could be better. IS THERE A PROBLEM WITH MY TXV VALVE OR A PRESSURE REGULATOR BECAUSE HE SAID THAT THE HOLES IN THE VALVE ARE PLUGGED? Is that possible and is this true???

DAMN it's hot today!!! :furious:

Well, the first thing to ask your tech is what the pressures were while operating your a\c. If its not blowing cold and you suspect a expansion vavle, do a touch and feel to the a\c lines going to the evaporator. The high pressure side should feel warm, but not hot. The low side should feel cool, but not cold. If the expansion valve is stuck open, it is possible that the evaporator is freezing. The lines would feel abnormally cool. And the exact opposite if it was stuck closed. Turn your a\c on and may sure the compressor is operating, and switching on and off when its supposed to. Check it and let us know.

Compressor was shutting off before I had changed the fan clutch, because of the lack of cooling provided by the fan. It was free wheeling. It was worn out so I got a new one. The cooling was great through the ducts before I changed the fan clutch but was shutting off the compressor because compressor termo was opening with temp increase of engine temp due to lack of air. Now after I had pressures checked it is not shutting down because it is not cooling as well as before. Maybe frozen but don't think so. Going to get the evaporator box open tomorrow and have a good look in there and make darn sure its clean and not freezing.

Edited by Lunartic