WD21 Jerry Can on stock carrier?

Nismodrift

Hey guys I was always wondering if anyone ever mounted or could mount a jerry can to the stock carrier without custom fabrication, I know it sounds a bit unprofessional but can It be securely attached? We have these things stock so why not push it to the limit lol,

Edited by Nismodrift

Absolutely. While there are a few different types of mounts, the best ones are locking, obviously. You can attach it with U-bolts for lack of anything better, just secure it well and then saw off the excess, but leave about 1/4" or so to fold over by beating it with a hammer. Nothing but cutting it off will do the trick, and if they can do that, they will just cut the lock.

While mounting on the hinge side is a better idea for leverage/weight, the carrier won't have any issue supporting the weight. I've seen pictures of people with a 35" tire, jerry cans, a high-lift jack and who know what else. The carriers are 'over engineered/built" and won't have a problem with a little more weight. ;)

Try searching, I know people have posted threads on their mounts, or look through the Members Rides section and as questions/PM them. :aok:

B