several questions

smoke

First off, im looking to put a rack up on my 50. For those that have them what are the do's and dont's to them. First time thinking about having one on a vehicle that i actually own....I know that it will affect milage a lil but we never thought were gonna get great miliage with our vehicles....lol And how much you guys spent on these racks please add pix if possible or links to pix.

Second......just looking for opinions on the AT REVO by Bridgestone for 265/70/15 on stock alloy rims.

Third....I keep hearing about AC Springs....are these the best to get to replace old warn out OE springs? I am wanting to keep my 50 pretty much stock for being a 97' SE 4X4. How much lift will i get and will it effect the front cv's?

Fourth....latly everyonce in a while when brakeing i hear a pop out of the front end.....anyone off the top of there head havea idea what it could be im thinking ball joints.......am i right?

Thanx for the time

a roof rack doesn't affect gas mileage as much as you think. cruising at 65-70mph and not romping on the throttle will save you far more gas than not having a roof basket (compared to having one). i have 4 big roof lights and a roof basket on the top of mine, and i still managed 18.9mpg throughout an entire tank of gas (all highway driving), in my '00 SE with 4.6s.

if you shop around, you can find a used or custom roof basket for ~$100, but that's almost being too optimistic. expect to spend anywhere from $200-500 on a new one.

there are quite a few members on this forum that use the Dueler A/T Revo and they can't say enough good things about them.

the AC springs are almost your only option to replace your worn out coils, other than replacing with new OE coils. the other option is the OME coil. the AC coils generally lift the front end 2-3in and the OME coils about 1-2in. manual locking hubs are recommended to reduce wear/tear on your CV axles, but are not required.

if your lower ball joints were bad, you'd experience more symptoms than just a pop under initial braking. it could be your strut mount (though you'd also hear a noise going over bumps), control arm bushings, sway bar bushing, sway bar end link, etc. or it could be that flashlight under your seat rolling forward and hitting the frame. ;)

I have a Yakima Mega Warrior (rack and basket) a may be interested in selling. Not a bad basket, but I do not like the bars that go through the middle. If your interested send me a PM, its not goning anywhere any time soon so take time to think about it.

Edited by Crispyc

not the type of rack im looking for......from what i have seen latly ill prolly be making it myself i have a idea drawn outon some graph paper so we'll see thanx guys.