Where did you get your alignment after lift

mikesmaximase

Ok I got my 3" suspension lift done and went today to sears and they told me (after I waited an hour and a half waiting for it to get done) they couldnt align it because I guess from what I understand there machine one gives them stock specifications and from that they cant work with that to get it close for an alignment. So where did you get yours done. Im gonna try Sullivan Tire next, possably tomorrow. I have the 3" suspension lift with p235/75-15 tires. The instructions for the lift say you shouldnt use stock tires below 31 because alignment willbe hard to acheve with the new a arms. Which I think is b*ll. Why would that matter?

Pics of my Pathfinder

I used to take mine to "tire" stores that had alignment racks.

I'm surprised that Sears couldn't do it. I know of a few folks that have suspension lifts that use Sears for their alignments. Could be specific to the store/region and their equipment maybe?

You may also want to try shops that specialize in Trucks. The last place I took mine before I started to do it myself, was a 'big truck' place. They were good at resolving problems rather than staying bound within specs.

Allright, first off make sure they are using the right specs:

Here are the specs for 4WD:

Camber 0.563-2.063 degrees positive. Preferred: 1.313 degrees positive.

Caster 0.0625 degrees negative to 1.4375 degrees positive. Preferred: 0.6875 degrees positive.

Toe is for total toe in at 0.08-0.24.

I went in for my alignment last time ans les schawb's computer had the wrong specs.

Secondly you need to find out what spec they couldn't get right, my guess would be the camber. If it is the camber you need to have them play with the height of the t-bars to get it in spec...