My new TPS

Caribbeandude

I had myself a new TPS because the one on my Pathy was not performing as written in

the ‘trouble diagnosis’ in the Nissan manual. It was only giving a continuity between terminals

2 and 3 at the Closed throttle position and noting on the terminals 1 and 3 at wide open position.

But now the new TPS is doing the same thing, only gives a continuity at the closed position and

also nothing on the wide open. I checked the TPS on an other R50 Pathfinder, they had one at the

dealer, also this TPS was doing the same but the car was running good. Now I start to wonder,

is the manual wrong this time or I just had bad luck and checked and bought a broken TPS.

I cant imagine that the manual is wrong, the TPS is there to give the right info at a closed

or wide open throttle position and mine are not giving any info from the wide open position.

Any body ever checked this on his TPS ? Maybe somebody can help me out here.

(The dealer here don’t have a clue).

post-4038-1191852056_thumb.jpg

Edited by Caribbeandude

• 3 weeks later...
I had myself a new TPS because the one on my Pathy was not performing as written in

the ‘trouble diagnosis’ in the Nissan manual. It was only giving a continuity between terminals

2 and 3 at the Closed throttle position and noting on the terminals 1 and 3 at wide open position.

But now the new TPS is doing the same thing, only gives a continuity at the closed position and

also nothing on the wide open. I checked the TPS on an other R50 Pathfinder, they had one at the

dealer, also this TPS was doing the same but the car was running good. Now I start to wonder,

is the manual wrong this time or I just had bad luck and checked and bought a broken TPS.

I cant imagine that the manual is wrong, the TPS is there to give the right info at a closed

or wide open throttle position and mine are not giving any info from the wide open position.

Any body ever checked this on his TPS ? Maybe somebody can help me out here.

(The dealer here don’t have a clue).