Front End Rebuilt

Gotrek

I finally have all the parts to rebuild the front end in my GF's 92 pathfinder. (BJ, TRE, centerlink, stabilizer links etc. All new urethane bushings)

Are there any special tools I'm going to need?

I'm looking at my FSM. The only thing is a ball joint puller but a large C-clamp looks like it should work. A pit manarm puller.

Anything else?

Are there any special tools I'm going to need?

I'm looking at my FSM. The only thing is a ball joint puller but a large C-clamp looks like it should work.

BJ puller?, you dont need to stinking BJ puller

just beat the spindle where the BJ bolt is and it will pop right out

How long do you firgure it will take me. Assuming things aren't too too rusty :) I've been spraying pb on everything for the last month so rust shouldn't be an issue except for spots I couldn't reach through the skid plate.

if all goes smooth, give yourself 4 hours. And expect every bolt that holds your skidplate to snap and to have to drill new holes to put it back on.

LMAO, yup, if you have never done anything like this just pace yourself and make note of how everything goes back together, its not worth rushing through, its all just time consuming really

if all goes smooth, give yourself 4 hours. And expect every bolt that holds your skidplate to snap and to have to drill new holes to put it back on.

Does it hold anything (i.e. i it required to put back on immediately if a bolt does snap?)

no, dont need it

I dont have mine on, just becaue all but one bolt snaped...

Good stuff the only reason I asked is I'm driving about 1 hour out of town to get to a facility with more tools should I need them and don't want to be stranded there. Yes ther eis an alignement facility there.,

Well it's done sort of .

Took three full days. Damn rusty canadian vehicles. Just about every sleeve had to be cut off, bushings were glued on it was horrible.

Worse thing is I found out the hard way....

On a 1992 PAthfinder built before august I was told the difference between before and after was the taper on the tie rods. I bought parts for after august/92 thinking if I change the tie rods with the center link no problems. Well There is the Taper on the pitman arm is different too. No way to fix that so I threw the old steering link back in.

Look for a august/92+ steering link for sale along with tie rods.