2001 VQ tune up

tecciball

Hey Pathians.

Any idea on a part number for the NGK Iridium IX's for a VQ? Also, I was looking at my VQ beast this morning, and noticed that I dont have traditional plug wires. I didnt look around too much, but do I have a cap and rotor or does the new electronic stuff eliminate that also? :shrug: I am thinking that I would just have to do the plugs.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

I'm sure the VQ's are the same between the Q and the Pathfinder.... so you would have a "coil on spark" system.

Yes, all you need is spark plugs for a "tune-up".

The only thing I found tedious was that the Coil's above the plugs are bolted down solid boxes and can't be wiggled out. So you will have to undo some bracketry, the intake, and best of all the TPS (be sure to invite your friends over to watch the red o-ring wander off into the engine bay).

As I said tedious and time consuming but not overwhelming.

I found the part numbers of the plugs on the NGK site,

http://www.ngksparkplugs.com/apps/car_truc...?engineid=30012

I was told that getting the right plugs could be a problem (on this forum) so with the above site your milage may vary.

Markus

thanks markus.

i will probably have my mechanic due it. although, the longer i think about it, the braver i get.... :D

did you go with the iridiums? if so, did you noticed an increase in fuel economy?

Edited by tecciball

No problem tecciball.

Its really not that hard to do, just go one at atime and you will see what needs to be moved out of the way. It was easier to do than on my GT4 but some how it took longer which due to the constraints of space and time is almost impossible.

We noticed a bit of a milage difference, more response in the engine, and our SES problem seems to have cleared up, but the plugs I pulled out were really beat-up. From years of testing plugs on my GT4 I found the Iridium to the best bang for the buck.

Markus