A little swaybar problem

Terrano

Hi! WAVEY

I don't know what's the term is in Engilsh, but this metal thing fell off.

Probably a trip to a j\y will solve the problem)))

The pix speak for themselves:

Notice the difference between the "thing" on the left and on the right sides?

DSCN0184.jpg

Close-up

DSCN0185.jpg

Here's how the "thing" is supposed to look))

DSCN0186.jpg

Of course, it's nothing serious, just wanted to share :D

good lord terrano... how the heck did you manage to break the sway bar mount thingie? lol. sorry.. don't mean to laugh.... but dang. ok. for now.. pry bar the rubber back onto the rest of the mount.. then yes.. a trip to the JY is in order... sssh

good lord terrano... how the heck did you manage to break the sway bar mount thingie? lol.

:lol:

I don't know if you heard this joke:

"There are no roads in Russia, there are only directions"

You have no idea HOW CLOSE it is to the truth :lol:

I think I will make a couple of photos of our roads so that you understand)))

LOL, I forwared your reply to my friend, and he said "make a couple of photos and show'em to her, she will never ask that question again :lol:"

I mean, it is nothing serious if you smash into a hole on the road once... but my pathy's been here for 6 years already :D

Imagine this. You are driving at full-speed... and suddenly you see an open sewer hatch! )) Why is it open? Cuz somebody stole the cover! ))) Anyway, you fall into that hole, but the car is moving at some 40 mph. So what happens? Your wheel gets torn away. I mean, literally torn away. You will be lucky if it ends there, and you do not smack anyone's car when your car loses control :lol: In an SUV your wheel doesn't fit into the hatch, so you just get a good bump... but various sedans or sport cars often cannot leave the scene on their own.

So the suspension was under reaaaaaal pressure for like 6 years... no wonder something falls off from time to time :D:D

Aftre a long trip across Australia and through Tasmania, I broke the sway bar mount on my Terrano as well. Australia generally has good roads untill you get out in the bush.

It was not the same top bracket but the two bolts into the chasis crossmember that stripped the threads and pulled out. Made a bit of a clunking sound but improved the front wheel articulation in the rough stuff.

Geordie