Killing the CB question

Trialsin26

I don't have one in my rig now...but I had one in my last rig. I had it peaked & tuned by a shop...and yes...it made a difference. How much? It's tough to say, exactly...but I could talk to people much further away. I'd recommend it...but it shouldn't cost you more than $20-$40 for the service.

A more expensive option is to have the transmit limiter removed. It can only be done to certain CB's...but that can make an even bigger difference and let you transmit at maximum levels. If you do this...make sure it's through a reputable shop.

Welcome back...

Ive had my CB for over a year and never had it tuned... suppose it couldnt hurt to get it done, but Ive never had issues with reception. Although, I'm not sure how much of that is dependant on the unit, the antenna and the placement of the antenna ???

never had mine tweaked n tuned... but then again i only used it within fairly close range of my fellow wheelers.. and sometimes for some late night gossiping with friends.... so really.. guess i never had the need... :)