Another option for rear lift springs

m_lars

In my never ending battle to spend as little money as possible on modding my r50 I found another option for rear springs. My brother had 2 pair of front springs for a Land Rover discovery 2 which we figured out are nearly identical in specs to the r50 OME lift springs. The stock disco springs are 368mm tall with a spring rate of 150lbs compared to OME lift springs of 360mm height and 140lb spring rate. The only difference I found was the overall diameter of the unit was a little smaller so it did not seat fully on the lower spring perch. He also had a set of OME light duty lift springs for the same discovery and I opted for these since they had a free height about a half inch taller. I removed my stock super saggy rear springs and 2" spacers for springs only and gained about a 1/2" of height. I carry tools in the back and have a receiver mount spare tire carrier with a hi-lift and 2 Jerry cans, so I have a lot of weight out back. I end up with some rake if I take everything out and off the back so stock disco springs might be perfect if you don't carry the load. My cost, free! Your cost, I'm not sure but some boneyard or eBay springs would be pretty cheap.

• Like 2