New to me 2001 Pathfinder LE

Sceptre

Hi All,

New member here. I just picked up a 2001 Pathfinder LE 2WD as my daily beater.

There are a couple issues here and there (mostly cosmetic) and a broken tailgate lock but all in all not bad for a 15 year old ride.

The tires are shot so I'm taking this opportunity to get some new rims too.

If I can get some assistance, I would be grateful.

I love the rockcrawler/Expo look, but I work downtown and the parking garage is short and tight, so I have to keep the ride height stock.

So I am currently looking at some Pro Comp steel rims that are 16x8 with Back Space 4.25.

I read on this site that the largest tire size without a lift would be 265/70/16.

So if those of you that experience with fitting wheels on this ride help me out with the tire sizing and fit I would be very grateful.

Thanks in advance.

Also here are some pics of the ride.

I'm lifted around 2.5" 4x4 with stock wheels and 1" spacers. 265/70r16's rubbed like crazy until I relocated inner fender liner mounts forward like 1.25" and cut off the corner of the bumper and trimmed the lips off my mud flaps. They can still rub in reverse.

You may not have any issues but measure your distance to your strut. I had less than a finger width before spacers.

I'm lifted around 2.5" 4x4 with stock wheels and 1" spacers. 265/70r16's rubbed like crazy until I relocated inner fender liner mounts forward like 1.25" and cut off the corner of the bumper and trimmed the lips off my mud flaps. They can still rub in reverse.

You may not have any issues but measure your distance to your strut. I had less than a finger width before spacers.

Thanks for the info. I read through some more of the forum posts today. I think the safe bet is to get the 16x8 with 4.5 backspacing and run stock tire size.