2000 r50 timing belt broke

kane

I'm under the impression my timing belt broke. Was running like a champ and then all a sudden...nothing!

Distributor is not spinning when cranking engine, and a look inside from the top with distributor removed showed the cam sitting still.

My question is, did i destroy the engine? Interference or non interference engine?

On a level of 1-10, 1 being a brake job and 10 being a head gasket replacement, what would a timing belt replacement on this vehicle be?

I've read enough to know i gotta replace water pump, Engine seals, Idler, and Tensioner pully so i know it isnt a cake walk...but the total job using hand tools? Whats the average difficulty and time line that you guys think?

I can't answer the interference vs. not, but a quick Google search should be able to. Timing belts are far from a 10, but definitely not a 1 either. If I had to conjecture a guess on this one I'd call it a 6. Does the 3.3 not have any removable covers to see if the belt has gone? How many miles on the rig and is it the original belt?