Do I need this?

rc_cola_j

Just pulling the trigger on ordering new springs for my 2000 SE.

Am going with OME springs. Just curios what exactly the 'fitting kit' (SMP638) does or is for? Is it for fitting the springs or the OME struts? So, if I am just going for the springs, do I need to order this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did a search for this part "SMP638" and was unable to actually get a picture of what it was. I also have a 2000 SE Pathfinder. Springs are OME (front and rear) and I did not purchase the fitting kit. I got mine from Rocky-road, HD fronts and rears (only one option offered). I did get the "trim packer" which lifts the front about an inch. Just can't find what the fitting kit is actually. Had my front springs installed in a shop - with new KYBs, Didn't think there were any special parts needed for fitting.

Yes, I saw the same thing noted.

What I am curious about is whether or not this bracket is required for the struts or the springs? I am just doing the springs on mine.

I can't figure out what this fitting kit is either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do not have the equipment (or facility) to work on struts. My mechanic installed my springs/struts. I asked him in advance before having the work done and he suggested replacing the struts at the same time if they were originals (they were on 110k miles). As it turned out, both the struts were done - one leaking badly and the other was easy to move by hand - nearly no dampening left at all. If you are doing the work yourself, your springs will not require an ABS bracket. If you install struts, it may be necessary - but you can likely use the material already in place. OME makes struts as well - it could be something required for an install using their struts.