Replaced Head Gaskets and now 94 Path won't start

jenn2ns

My husband replaced the head gaskets on my Pathfinder and now the car won't start. He has double checked the timing, ignition, all wiring, fuel injection and everything looks good but it will not start. It fires but does not catch. The ECU gives a trouble code of 21. Any idea what this means and how do we fix it?

Well, its hard to say. You say he doubled checked everything, but how? First thing that comes to mind is the timing belt. Are all the marks lined up in the right spots? As far as timing goes, did the distributor get put back in in the correct orientation(not 180 degrees out)? Did all the spark plug wires get routed correctly? How about a fuel pressure test? Can he perform a compression test? Any strange noises from the engine when trying to start? Sorry for all the questions, but you got a tough one to figure out over the internet!

@5523Pathfinder I had the same thought. How did he double check everything and it still not work? True to a woman's form, I nagged him enough to go out and check the timing again and sure enough it was off by one tooth. He made the adjustment and it is now running again! Thanks everyone for the help. It is much appreciated.