Inner Drive Shaft Bearing Questions!

Naoscaire

Morning everyone,

I have a few quick questions that I am having some trouble with. I am installing new CV's, ball joints, and inner/outer tie rods in my 2003 Pathy. After getting everything apart and I was starting to installing the new parts I noticed my Inner Drive Shaft Oil Seal (Part #40533) was old, worn, and is broken, as well the Drive Shaft Bearing (Part #40588) is very old and looks like they need to be replaced. I recently replaced the outer wheel bearings and would like to do the same with my inners.

My question is are the inner wheel bearings for the Drive Shaft press fitted in the Steering Knucle? Would I be able to remove them and the seal with a punch etc? And if they don't need to be press fitted how would you go about getting them back into the Steering Knuckle. Thanks!

I used this link I found to get the info on the parts and figure out the proper names.

http://www.courtesyparts.com/pathfinder-parts-r50-1996-2004/genuine-nissan-parts/axle-suspension/400-front-axle/-c-4700_4701_4800_4801.html

• 7 months later...

Did you ever replace those bearings? I pulled my front end apart a while ago and replaced pretty much everything but those, as I had no idea they were in there. It looked to be pretty simple, just didn't have the parts at the time and haven't done anything about it since.