99.5 P0505 Code IACV

jux

I have a 99.5 pathy with 220K miles on it, original owner. A while ago the CEL light came on and I wasn't up for an emissions check so let it go. Have to fix it now and the codes were P0138, P0325 and P0505. Fixed the P0138 (o2 sensor), ignored the P0325 and started working on the P0505.

P0505 indicated IACV even though I was having no idle issues and it was idling well at 750 RPM. First step I took was to remove and check the IACV just in case. Got to the the IACV after much cussing and decided to just replace it. The IACV that came out checked out fine but I really don't want to have to remove the Plenum with all the blind connectors and hoses.

Put the system back together and now it's running horribly. The IACV valve is clicking multiple times per second and the idle is bouncing between 900/1200 after it warms up feeling like it wants to stall. Not sure where to look for the issue. I can't find any unconnected vacuum hoses and the electrical connections seem tight. I don't think there is an idle relearn procedure for the 99.5 but maybe I'm wrong.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Edited by jux