R50 light rack

so i made a light rack this weekend it looks like this - [ i know this is just a bracket thing for typing but thats what it looks like

what i used is 2- 1x1/8x48 sections of aluminum, 6 bolts, 2 nuts, cut off wheel, drill bit so the plan is for it to slide in the rail system that comes stock on the R50s so it consists of 2- 3" sections 2- 11" sections and 1- 40" section

you will need to tap the 2- 3" sections as a nut wont fit in the rail system

the 2- 3" sections will have 2 holes drilled into each of them they should be slightly smaller than the bolts you are using so they can be tapped

the 2- 11" sections will have 3 holes drilled into each of them 2 holes to match the ones in the 3" pieces these should be slightly larger so the bolts will just slide threw the other hole should be a inch in from the end and center

the 1-40" section will have 2 - holes in it 1 at each end they should match the ones on the 11" sections that re a inch in and center (the reason i bolted it is that i plan on switching to a led bar that will just bolt to the 11" pieces so you could weld them) this section will also be the one that has your lights bolted in to it but those holes are all up to you

later today ill post pics of it not on the vehicle i have fitted it on the vehicle but not with lights so im thinking that i might have to add another piece of aluminum where the lights mount to stiffen it up more

i got it wire up and then burnt :FartExplode-vi: out the switch

i went back and looked at the specifications and its only ment to handle 2 35watt lights or less and im running 4 55watt lights so i have to get a hd switch :/

in the pic in you signature is that a pathfinder specific brush guard and when i get home i plan on posting some picks of it mounted and i have a 20 amp toggle switch im going to try

Edited by thorpe991