Torsion bar lift

Path88finder

Ive seen a few Pathys in pictures with loads of flex in the front, big tyres and that are lifted alot more than I seem to be able to lift mine. I have fitted 2" constant load springs in the rear that have actually lifted the rear by 3" I have then wound the torsion bars up so that they sit about 15mm from the upper bump stop. The vehicle has a slight forward rake that I wish to even out. I would prefer not to wind the torsion bars up any more in this condition and was thinking that maybe there was a spacer that would fit between the upper control arm and the ball joint that would allow the bars to be wound up a little more?

I am also having trouble with the larger bore shock hitting the upper control arm when the wheel is allowed to fall to full travel, such as when jacked up on the chassis to change a tyre. Is there any solution to this problem? Maybe after market control arms?

Also in the pipe dream is to totaly remove the front end suspension and fit a solid axle and coil springs from another vehicle, possibly a Nissan Patrol or similar. Has anyone had any experience with doing something like this?

Edited by Path88finder

I can answer atlease one of your questions, and that is to do with the shock hitting the UCA, I installed es3000 on the weekend, and they were defiantly hitting but with some love from a grinder I took out about 1/4" deep and 1" - 1 1/2" right where it was hitting, shouldn't cause any structural issues. I hope you can find answers to the rest of your questions :)

Edited by cvdloc

• 2 weeks later...

if you need more room you could order some tubular upper control arms, i know that should give you a little more room. Also to get some more front lift on mine, i indexed my torsion bars, so right now my front sits pretty tall. But since your from Australia, id just get by with it and raid a patrol of some parts and SAS it. If we had patrols here in America, thats what I would have done lol. Prob even try to find a wrecked one and take the diesel/trans/transfer and front axle from it and put it all in, then youd have a very solid pathy