strut mounts

thorpe991

im looking at replacing my struts as they have began to bounce when i hit bumps as far as i know the ore the stock ones from 97 im looking at the kyb struts and reusing my coils

i was wondering if the strut mounts off my stock struts would work on the new kyb struts?

when i do the struts i will also be doing the rear shocks and puting in 1.75 coil spacers in the rear and 1.5 spacers in the front so i am looking at 49.98 for the to rear shocks and 165 for the spacers and 111.58 for the struts thats all with out shipping and tax so im looking at some were around 352.68 after tax so im looking at about 400 with shipping.

The strut mounts should work with the new struts. However, it is recommended to replace them and the strut bearings as you will have the whole assembly removed. I went to my local Nissan dealership for factory mounts and bearings as I heard a lot of negatives about cheap aftermarket replacements.

I second replacing strut mounts and bearings, and upper/lower strut mount nuts. I used Raybestos strut mounts and bearings and they have been fine for 15k miles so far. Can't go wrong with OEM though, had I sourced my mounts and bearings from Rob it wouldn't have been much more.

Try getting them from Rob first. He is an active member that runs the parts counter at a Nissan dealership. He drastically discounts parts for all of us cool kids!

Here is the link to the first page of his thread ..

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/topic/18653-genuine-nissan-parts/