Air/Fuel Sensor Bank 1 Sensor 1

PrestonBurns

My OBD is reading this, is this the sensor on the exhaust pipe before the cat on the passenger side? If so, how hard would it be to replace this at my local Advance with their rental tools? I say this because I'm down in my college town without my tools at home at my disposal. Thanks!

Bank 1 is the side with cylinder 1, in our case passenger side. Sensor 1 is the upstream sensor. If you can wait until morning I'll provide a link to the direct-fit Bosch O2 sensor (Bosch is the original equipment manufacturer) from AAP along with a discount code, and which size O2 sensor socket you'll need. It should be very easy to replace an upstream sensor, there's much less wire to snake around.

I don't know its exact location but it is on the passenger side. Removing the engine cover may help you find it. Its harness is connected to the passenger side too, there will be a red and a blue colored connector attached to a bracket if I recall correctly.

For some reason I thought that it was on the underside of the car; After comparing the wire lengths and connectors I determined it's on top of the engine. I also discovered that my roommate stole my ratchet and my 10mm socket, which is all I need for the job. :angry:

You see that bracket next to the A/C low pressure line (with the green cap), with the gray plug attached to a bracket on the side of the engine? The gray plug is the original sensor's harness. Trace it back to find the sensor.

I replaced my O2 sensor on Bank 2 with a Bosch unit a few months ago. It was underneath the car on the driver's side, basically between the body and the tranny, with several clips along the way to hold it in place. They're very fiddly- watch out. If I remember correctly, it plugs in toward the front of the engine.

I bought a U-Scan OBDII reader, and thus far has been quite helpful- free Android/Iphone app which allows you to diagnose nearly anything. You can also buy a $29 expansion that has specific code decoding to your vehicle.