Help! New/replacement Axle shaft binding

Bluewulf73

I don't understand what could be causing this? I, like many here, have the AC 2" springs and the 1" NX4 top mount spacer. I have never yet to experience any issues, what so ever, with my CV's. I have done some real wheeling as well. I only engage my front hubs when I'm off road so, maybe that's the difference?

I don't understand what could be causing this? I, like many here, have the AC 2" springs and the 1" NX4 top mount spacer. I have never yet to experience any issues, what so ever, with my CV's. I have done some real wheeling as well. I only engage my front hubs when I'm off road so, maybe that's the difference?

I am hoping my manual hubs will make a difference...once Ihave time to get them in...

I have manual hubs and only engage them off-road and in inclement weather. As my Pathy sits right now, were I to lock the front hubs there is no way I could drive it without eventually grenading the passenger CV.

I have no explanation as to why the passenger CV is over-extended, but it is. It's annoying, but I should be used to these types of things by now - it seems all my projects lately end up with some annoying quirk that doesn't have any explanation.

Bluewulf - hope you get 'er figured out!

• Like 1

I have manual hubs and only engage them off-road and in inclement weather. As my Pathy sits right now, were I to lock the front hubs there is no way I could drive it without eventually grenading the passenger CV.

I have no explanation as to why the passenger CV is over-extended, but it is. It's annoying, but I should be used to these types of things by now - it seems all my projects lately end up with some annoying quirk that doesn't have any explanation.

Bluewulf - hope you get 'er figured out!

I hear ya on the quirks. For me its been this darn axle and my freakin' home LAN. Router hates me. Nothing works proper when I want it to. Grrrrr. :rant2: :thumbsdown:

On a bright note, found some time to install the manual hubs today. Even had enough time to make videos and take photos for a video write-up. :laugh: when done I'll post it.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok...so, here goes nut'n.

After waiting for a while for Fleury's flange spacers to arrive (Thank you very much Fleury) I finally had time to install them today.

Installed the passenger side first since that was the one giving me trouble (and I didn't want to fight the driver's side, which has not been removed, ever) and found out that with the 1/4" spacer, the original axle binds.

So, I am at a loss for words and think that I am now relegated to replacing the axle boot and removing the NX4 spacers in the name of reliability. :angry:

Edited by Bluewulf73