Working on the valve body...

Adam

I've been having an issue with my 90 Pathfinder where the transmission is stuck in gear and doesn't cycle further than 2nd gear when in drive... So I dropped the valve body to replace the gaskets and generally check up on it but I'm getting a bit tripped up here... The manual valve sits in a passage and seems to just sit in there freely... When I look at the lower half of the valve body there seems to be a spot for a retainer pin, as seen here:

IMG_20120418_171107.jpg

But it's not mentioned in the FSM, though it's specifically drawn in the diagram... I've combed through and I don't think I'm missing anything but I don't want to put this together wrong :confused:

IMG_20120418_171207.jpg

Answered my own question with Google Image Search, not surprisingly something posted on here:

Trans-02.jpg

I wasn't aware of how exactly it was supposed to go together inside of the transmission so now that I know it should be straight forward.

And now that that's done my Pathfinder is back on the road! Haven't driven it since it broke in October 2010 other than around the block.

Edited by Adam