Local Craiglist listing-what is it?

Howdy, I came across this Craiglist listing & wondering what folks thoughts are.

Nice looking lifted Pathy, seems the description is misleading...

http://boston.craigslist.org/sob/ctd/2861817420.html

The description is: 2003 Nissan Pathfinder Low Miles 4x4 CD - $8977 Trim is listed as: LE, but photos show SE badging.

Vehicle also has the 4x4 shifter next to the regular shift, I had thought that was dropped in ?2001 in favor of that 4x4 "knob/dial" thingy.

Way overpriced if it is an '01 SE IMO.

FAST says it's a 2003 SE part time 4WD A/T. Whoever listed it is a moron and is trying to fool people into thinking it's the "luxury" model and thus warrants more cash, or maybe it was just a typo.

They removed the front license plate holder, but not the brackets. I always think that's a little amusing.

Aha-good know about Fast info. Thanks Town.

I sent an inquiry and asked about the discrepancies, was replied with-thanks for your interest, please call such & such.

Seems to be a "bait & switch" kinda thing. Eww used car dealers. Eww.

Looks to be in great condition. The price doesn't seem to be high if it were in Colorado, but I do not know what they go for in the New England states. Actually, that price from a dealer would be on the low end around here given the condition (appears to be excellent, but who knows). Most '02-'04 Pathys with that mileage would go for 9-11 grand around here from a dealer. I paid $6250 out the door for my '02 with 150k miles and some issues I knew about (scratches/dents, etc.) I did not know I would be replacing the rear end . . . but it was worth given the rest I looked at over a period of ~9 months were all automatic transmissions and 3-5 grand higher in price. Mine is the SE as well.

Looks to be in great condition. The price doesn't seem to be high if it were in Colorado, but I do not know what they go for in the New England states. Actually, that price from a dealer would be on the low end around here given the condition (appears to be excellent, but who knows). Most '02-'04 Pathys with that mileage would go for 9-11 grand around here from a dealer. I paid $6250 out the door for my '02 with 150k miles and some issues I knew about (scratches/dents, etc.) I did not know I would be replacing the rear end . . . but it was worth given the rest I looked at over a period of ~9 months were all automatic transmissions and 3-5 grand higher in price. Mine is the SE as well.

Most LE models are listing a few thousand more than SE models around here. List price is also dependent on mileage of course.

Ex-There is an 03/04 LE model that's been listed for a few months now started at ?6900, now is at ?5900- nice color blue, with leather and such.

Edited by Camelfilter

From looking at thousands of cars over the years and buying many, I found that many dealers make mistakes all the time. I have seen models listed differently than what they actually were. When looking at it I would tell them it was not the model listed and it was this model because of so and so. They would just say it's our mistake.

One story is back in early 2007 I saved my father $7000 on a 2006 F-150 supercrew Lariat 4x4 truck with 12,000 miles on it. I knew the listed price $24,999 was a typo but when I called and asked about it they told me it was the correct price. Told my father to jump on it and he went in to make the deal after looking it over. When he was about to sign, they told him it was a mistake and that was the price for the 2005 XLT with 30,000 miles. Furious when I heard what happened, I called and spoke with the general manager. He told me he was not informed about the incident and would get back with me. He called back an hour later saying what I told him was verified through the employees and said because of that, they would sell the truck at that price of my father still wanted it. The dealer had bought the truck on trade-in for $28,000 and was suppose to sell for $32,000.

This Pathfinder is an SE by the cloth interior, the manual 4x4 shifter, and the SE emblem right on the liftgate. The details listed are probably just a copy and paste info when creating the ad when the employee did not know the difference between and SE and LE model.

Edited by lzrj

Here where I live that would be considered a steal. Heck I would even pay a couple grand more than that just for that. Except I would have to swap a manual into it but still.

Here where I live that would be considered a steal. Heck I would even pay a couple grand more than that just for that. Except I would have to swap a manual into it but still.

Where abouts in Oregon is that? I lived in Tigard (Portland area) for a few years. Commuted to Tuality Hospital in Hillsboro.

Loved it out there!!!!

I'm thinking about headed back, but maybe Eugene or Rogue River this time...