New to Nissan

realitychecker

I recently bought a 2002 LE Pathfinder 4WD.

I have had just about every brand of American 4WD made, always had $$ failures and was always told, that always happens to that brand. I have spent hundreds of hours under trucks wrenching and trying to figure out if it was a metric or SAE fastener. I no longer need to wonder, these should all be metric?

I am ready to learn about the Nissan problems, fix them and move on. I am learning and trying to work out the bugs.

Hey there. Welcome to NPORA. Glad to hear you've come over to the light side. We have good vehicles.

Yes, most, if not all of the bolts and nuts and any other fasteners should be metric. That's true for mid-90s Nissans, and it's probably true for the newer ones. I think even a lot of the American cars are now using metric.

Around here, we like to call 1996-2004 Pathfinders "R50s". If you want to start learning about Nissan problems, then I suggest you check your strut housings for rust on the unibody.

Edited by 1994SEV6

Welcome to the most informed pathfinder site in the world. This place will have it all. whatever your question, it's most likely been asked so the search feature is a great tool if you can figure out how to use it effectively. You're most likely going to fall in love with your new purchase so buckle up and hang on. :aok:

Welcome to the place :D

Nissan fasteners are exclusively Metric, but you'll find, sometimes, with rust, SAE wrenches fit better. 1/2" (12.7mm) wrench on a rusted 12mm bolt for example. Being Metric should speed you along, but if something's corroded, you never can be sure.

Anyway, let's see some pics of that R50 :)