Warn Hub Snap Ring

4x4white03

I swapped out my OEM hubs over the weekend and installed the Warn hubs. When I got the hub installed, it seemed like the axle didn't stick out far enough to get the snap ring back on. The Warn installation instructions stated that if the spline didn't extend far enough to install the ring, then it didn't need reinstalled. I've looked at a s**t ton of posts about the hubs, but do not see any mention of the snap ring. Any input? Thanks!

Edited by 4x4white03

You need the snapring.... pretty sure.. I know on my 01 I had the same issue but you just have to take the halfshaft with one hand and <bring it> far enough so you can install it... The axle is not fixed in lenght...it can extend longer... (it can do that from the inner joint part (closest to the differential).. there is a tripod setup there when it can move a good 2-3 inches if not more..)

Yes, the person above is correct.

You NEED the snap-ring. It keeps the hub together. Did it say in the WARN instructions that you didn't need it? That doesn't make any sense. It seems like WARN hubs can be a little shady.

I had the same problem. I installed one manual hub on a stock CV axle and it was fine. I got to the other side where it was a replaced CV axle and it didn't line up. I figure out that I needed to move the axle outwards to expose the space for the snapring.