possible CV problem......

smoke

OK....Since putting the lift on the truck. ARB HD front and ARB MD rear. I have had what I think is the CV knuckles coming out at times. It happens when driving over a hill and when in turns that are on hills. Im guessing the force of topping the hill is bottoming out the front suspension, and it is causing a rapid thuding like sound. Has anyone else had this happen to them with a lift? Do I need to get a fractionally longer CV shaft to keep it from doing that? Any ideas?

Does this only happen when you are in 4wd or does it happen all the time?

It was when I was in 2wd.

sounds like sway bar end links....

I dont kno what there lookin like right now. I know that I need new ball joints but for it to sound the way it does, it sounds like the knuckels are coming out of shaft.

do you have manual or auto hubs, and are they off or on; all the time? put your pathy in the air and check out your front end. Wiggle the tire up and down and left and right and look for any movement.... spin the wheels and listen.

Edited by muddfildvaynes

do you have manual or auto hubs, and are they off or on; all the time? put your pathy in the air and check out your front end. Wiggle the tire up and down and left and right and look for any movement.... spin the wheels and listen.

Standard stock hubs. I have used the 4x4 a few times in the feild at my friends place seem to work fine. Im off tues and wed. so will put the jack under it and see.

Any time I hear a lifted R50 owner say "rapid thud" I think of strut top-out. I still get it once in a while, but I drive much differently now (slower) when going over speed bumps/deep potholes/rocks over 12" tall...

Just my :my2cents:

Well I kno the ball joints need replacing. But I have never seen ball joints do that. The way it sounded made me thing the cv knuckle was sliping out of place. will see with next paycheck.