lift Kit

Pathy07

I really want a lift kit for my 1999.5 SE Limited. But I can't find anything more than a 2 inch suspension lift. I have thought over it a lot and I really want a 4 or 5 inch suspension lift. If anyone knows where I could find one or where I could get one made because I have been told the only way for me to to get my hands on one would be to get one custom made. I just really don't want to settlenwith a 2 inch so if Anyone has any ideas of wherein can get my hands on a 4-5 inch sus. Lift PLEASE let me know. Thanks guys.

No because our style Pathfinder's are a unibody, so this "lift" drops the front subframe 4in. In the rear you would have to get longer coil springs to get close to equal height with the front.

Its called a subframe drop or SFD. Some members on here have done the 2" lift from AC and combined it with the 4" SFD from krypton fab. to get a total of 6" of lift.

But remember, when you change something like suspension, its a domino effect. One thing effects another, that affects another and so on. (i.e. longer shocks, brakes lines, steering extension, CV boots, panhard rod drop)

*edit* Phanotm01Pathfinder beat me to the Post button while I was typing.

No. Not exactly. You don't have a frame to lift the body up off of. Your Pathfinder is a Unibody construction, meaning the frame is part of the body. What that kit is, is a Sub Frame Drop kit. It allows you to lower the subframe, Which is what is used to hold your front differential and suspension in place, By lowering the Front subframe, you allow yourself more clearance for Tires, a bit more front suspension travel, and a bit better belly clearance. IFS (independent front suspension) rarely yields more then 2-3 inches of lift due to the fact that other components, mainly CV's, are outside of their operable limitations. This is about the best thing you can do without swapping a Solid axle under your rig, which is highly technical, expensive and requires a lot of custom fabrication.

Edited by Dowser

No because our style Pathfinder's are a unibody, so this "lift" drops the front subframe 4in. In the rear you would have to get longer coil springs to get close to equal height with the front.

Its called a subframe drop or SFD. Some members on here have done the 2" lift from AC and combined it with the 4" SFD from krypton fab. to get a total of 6" of lift.

But remember, when you change something like suspension, its a domino effect. One thing effects another, that affects another and so on. (i.e. longer shocks, brakes lines, steering extension, CV boots, panhard rod drop)

what do you mean it drops the subframe?

*edit* Phanotm01Pathfinder beat me to the Post button while I was typing.

No. Not exactly. You don't have a frame to lift the body up off of. Your Pathfinder is a Unibody construction, meaning the frame is part of the body. What that kit is, is a Sub Frame Drop kit. It allows you to lower the subframe, Which is what is used to hold your front differential and suspension in place, By lowering the Front subframe, you allow yourself more clearance for Tires, a bit more front suspension travel, and a bit better belly clearance. IFS (independent front suspension) rarely yields more then 2-3 inches of lift due to the fact that other components, mainly CV's, are outside of their operable limitations. This is about the best thing you can do without swapping a Solid axle under your rig, which is highly technical, expensive and requires a lot of custom fabrication.

I'm confused about the lowering part..

Read this thread. Yes I know its long. Yes I know it will take you forever to get thru it. But when You're done, if you still have questions you will have more understanding as to what we are saying.

Link

Read this thread. Yes I know its long. Yes I know it will take you forever to get thru it. But when You're done, if you still have questions you will have more understanding as to what we are saying.

Link

Okay I read over most of the link u gave me and i also read a post from a guy who put the krfab 4" lift on it and they helped a bit. But overall would that kit be good? And what extra parts would i need?

Here you go. All this can be found on the site. You just need to spend some time with the Search function.

This is from the Vendors section.

Link

so it only raises the front end 4 inches??

Yes. That, combined with the 2" suspension lift will give you 6 inches of lift overall. Which at this time, is the best option available without compromising too much of the vehicles reliability. Again, you must understand the whole picture as well. Adding the suspension and sfd lifts and utilizing larger tires, you will also be in need of changing out other components as changes to one thing affect other things. Its a snowball effect so make sure you do your homework before just jumping in. To get a reliable ride, with that much lift, it can get a bit pricey. Start asking some of the other members here with the SFD lifts what the total cost has been from them, take all of their answers, and average it out. that will give you a ballpark.

I started out with the AC 2" lift then I got Nx4 spacers for the front to total 3" .. Now I bought the Krypton 4" kit with Wj coils and new shocks for the rear now total lift is 6" !!! Alot of work goes into installing this stuff and I keep bending Tierods :scratchhead: Now I'm gathering parts to do a solid axle swap( Waggy Dana 44) (coil over shocks) power steering pump eletric fan etc. I think it's never ending!!!! LOL I still love that I'm driving a PATHFINDER not a Jeep :thumbsdown:

Edited by PaMountianbiker

Yes. That, combined with the 2" suspension lift will give you 6 inches of lift overall. Which at this time, is the best option available without compromising too much of the vehicles reliability. Again, you must understand the whole picture as well. Adding the suspension and sfd lifts and utilizing larger tires, you will also be in need of changing out other components as changes to one thing affect other things. Its a snowball effect so make sure you do your homework before just jumping in. To get a reliable ride, with that much lift, it can get a bit pricey. Start asking some of the other members here with the SFD lifts what the total cost has been from them, take all of their answers, and average it out. that will give you a ballpark.

Okay well that doesn't make sense. Why would it only raise half of the car...front end meaning only the front two tires get 4" lift? And the rear two stay At normal height?

You didn't read the whole thread did you........................ :nono:

Second link I posted, Post #5 mentions what their company provides for which springs, And if you do a little bit of :search: and study you will be more informed then having someone just tell you everything.

Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

You didn't read the whole thread did you........................ :nono:

Second link I posted, Post #5 mentions what their company provides for which springs, And if you do a little bit of :search: and study you will be more informed then having someone just tell you everything.

Good luck.

Okay so besides all that. Could I get a 2 inch suspension lift with the whole unibody thing. Or only the SFD body lift.

Okay so besides all that. Could I get a 2 inch suspension lift with the whole unibody thing. Or only the SFD body lift.

I've got a 99.5 with the 2" AC lift. That, added with the 31" (you could easily go with 32's) gave me a very noticeable lift. Check out my build thread here :clickdalink: