Front strut squeak sort of

rgallant

Hi all,

Just had my front end re done OME MD springs, KYB struts, NAPA bearing and top end bits. Had a squeak sort of similar to a hard turn at a stop where the tires rub the pavement. Appeared after about 90 km when turning the wheel at slow speeds, under 15 Kmh comes from the dvr side strut top. Hit it with some silcone and a drive down a nice wash boarded road squeak went away.

Do I need to worry or is this just new bits settling in ?

Sounds like upper strut mount also known by some to be the "strut bearings" you want to get that taken care of when you can as there have been some members on here who have had catastrophic results with bad strut bearings.

Hmm.. Weird I had the upper mounts and bearing replaced at the same time for that very reason, I did not want to have to worry about it. Ah well back to the shop to have them take a look.

Just an update looks like it was small binding issue nothing too serious. My local mech took a look, everything seems fine.

If anything goes south I will pass it along, but just to make sure I put the front end in the air and manually moved the tires, there was no obvious binding.

Springs are OME

Struts are KYB GR2

Bearing Kit from Napa everything except the stud section.