Carpet Kit and Dash pad cover Q's

Charlie

Looking at ordering a full carpet kit from stockinteriors.com. Does anybody have any experience with the fit and finish of these kits? I installed a kit from them in my 93 Dodge Power Ram and it fit OK. Just wondering if anybody here has any direct experience with them. Also, Looking at ordering a dash cover like this one: Ebay Dash Cover I have heard that some don't quite fit right or look like crap. If anybody here has any experience with them, it would be greatly appreciated.

That dash cap looks pretty nice. Let us know how that comes out with some pics. I just found a perfect dash out of a 90 model or else I would order one of these. I have the red interior too.

James

I installed one of those dash caps. It will take a bunch of trimming but it should fit well and you won't know its a cap unless you're looking for one. It'll come with enough adhesive and all, no sweat. The big problem is securing it while the adhesive dries. You'll want to pre-cut some tomato steak type of wood slats to wedge between the dash around the defrost vents and the headliner trim. Kinda as if you're putting wood slats vertically directly behind your windshield. The rest of the dash cap can be held in place with painter's tape. I did mine with an extremely bad hangover so its not 100% perfect, but had I taken my time it would look about factory.