Crankshaft pulley out of phase

Tungsten

The timing marks on my crankshaft pulley do not line up with the arrow properly as they are about 120 degrees off.

I don't think the harmonic balancer is that off because I assume that it is keyed to the crankshaft.

I think for some reason Nissan made the pulley and the balancer separately.

Is it possible to rotate the crankshaft pulley to make the marks line up without taking everything apart?

I am thinking about rotating the pulley back into place the next time I have to change the V-belts.

Right now I have a new timing mark on the pulley that was put on with a sharpie by a shop so that they could put the timing at 15 BTDC without taking things off.

Set the engine to TDC, remove the 6 small bolts from the front of the crank pulley, re-align everything and bolt it back on. :shrug:

So it will come off by just those 6 small bolts?

Do you know the torque setting for those things?

Lol he knows, we discussed it elsewhere. I was being mildly sarcastic and it confused him, which was pretty funny to me. :lol:

:rofl:

Yeah I got it now, thanks guys.

:rofl:

Yeah on my torque wrench I have TIGHT, and SUPER TIGHT! :tongue:

BTW anyone else looking at this, the torque is around 5.1-5.8 ft/lbs.

Edited by Tungsten

If I had to guess why Nissan did this, it would be that they wanted to be able to have different pulleys for various applications like under-driving or supercharging.