too much rain?

XerOne

a couple weeks ago I was coming over the pass from portland to seaside and it was raining pretty darn hard, I'm going about 40 cause I can see only about 20 feet ahead of me, then all my "notice" lights start lighting up "e.g. check engine, check oil" they are flashing with no real pattern to them, like they are being shorted out, but why are they all coming on at once anyways, well my question is, can this have some serious problems on my vehical? It didnt affect my vehical really at all, it was giving me all false readings, nothing really happened to it, its just something thats on my mind, and has anybody else had this problem before?

If it was raining quite hard and your alternator belt would have started slipping it might have turned all your lights (alt,check eng,etc) on (sort of like your rig turning off but ignition being still on). When the alternator doesn't charge right the Pathy has a tendacy to light up the dashboard. If you have a volt meter in it and it does it again look and see, if it reads under around 11 volts your lights will start to light up.