How To Lube Front Cv Axels

NAVY

hey. I have a metal knoking sond from time to time on my 2001 R50 3.5 pathfinder (109,000km). with my hande i can move the front cv axels. in the owner's book it's saing to luberificate the front wheels or somme think like that. Are there nipels to grease or somme thing?

nope, the cv joints are sealed by the boots. if they are clicking, that usually means they are damaged. Are the boots torn anywhere? anyways, new cv axles are not too expensive, i got AUP ones for 85, but you can get empi or other brands for around 50.

if the boots are torn, you can replace them yourself but its way more trouble, which is what i did only to find my new cv boots were crap (dormans) and tore after 5 miles. So unless you go with the best (rockford duraboots) then you should get a new axle.

however, if the boots are not torn, and the clicking is only sometimes i dont think its too much of a problem, if i were you though, id get new, cheap axles, then take my time to rebuild your oem one. when your done, you can put the oem one back on, and you will have a spare axle for other times the cv boot tears.

also, if you dont already, you should highly consider manual hubs. This disengages the front axles from the front wheels so when you dont need 4 wheel drive, it will stress your 4wd components less, plus you gain a lil better MPG. Getting the hubs was the reason why i could have taken so long in fixing my torn cv boot.

Edited by m0nkeyprince