Dashboard Light

Guest elchallenger

Guest elchallenger

I have a 2001 Pathfinder LE. The dimmer for the whole area where the Gasoline gauge is and part of the Odometer's left bottom corner does not light up like the rest of the bunch that are located on the right side of the board. I was wondering what causes this because it is partly lighted up but very dim. I desperately needed help and would love to know how easy if it is to change the bulb if this is what's needed to be done or replace other what? :confused: Thanks in advance... I would love to hear from you.

BTW, I have played with the control for the dimmer that is located on the left corner side close to the door and nothing helps..

Guest elchallenger

Could it be due to an ailing ALTERNATOR? I just noticed that one of the belt is kind of old and probably needs replacement already. I have not performed any test where you try to measure the Voltage that is running by using a multimeter (Applied to the battery itself...+ & - poles to red and ground respectively) and see if there is at least 14 volts registering through it done while your engine is running. But what really gets me is that tere is little light and it is not totally out in that area of the dashboard only that it is not as bright as the rest and if I was to rate the luminance out of 10 it will be like 1 or 2... but more on 1. (I should make up my mind....)

Sounds to me like the bulb behind the fuel guage is out. I just put some nifty black light bulbs in mine and its a piece of cake to do, just remove a few screws and the bulbs are easy to get to on the back of the cluster. They are in some plastic things that twist into the back of the cluster, and u can kinda tell which one it is (should be right behind the fuel guage). Hope that helps :beer: